1. BJT is a Bipolar Junction Transistor, while MOSFET is a Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor.
2. A BJT has an emitter, collector and base, while a MOSFET has a gate, source and drain.
3. BJTs are preferred for low current applications, while MOSFETs are for high power functions.
4. In digital and analog circuits, MOSFETs are considered to be more commonly used than BJTs these days.
5. The operation of MOSFET depends on the voltage at the oxide-insulated gate electrode, while the operation of BJT is dependent on the current at the base